Waldlaw Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Fall!

I have always loved fall. Well, maybe not always. When I was a kid, it meant the end of summer vacation, and I'm sure I didn't love that.... But as an adult, I love fall, with that very tangible sense of changing seasons that is so often lacking as spring wanders into summer, or as fall wanders into winter. Somehow, the change from summer to fall feels like the most pronounced change of the seasons. And I guess I like that clarity, that sense of purpose. In any case, this fall is certainly shaping up to be an interesting one. Sarah Palin. Barack Obama. Prop 8. Boy, we have some big choices to make as a nation about which direction we're headed in. So, in the midst of all the turmoil, as our attentions are pulled in many directions, I wanted to stop for a moment to wish you all a happy fall. And, for my Jewish readers, a happy Rosh Hashanah as well. May your names be inscribed in the Book of Life for another year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home