Waldlaw Blog

Friday, August 08, 2008

I'm Back!

Sorry for the break in the action -- I took my kids to Cape Cod for a week to visit their grandmother, and then it took another week to dig out of all the mail, email and phone messages. Being in Massachusetts was a good reality check on what's going on in California right now. You know, same-sex couples have been getting married in Massachusetts for 4 years now and the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west; the tides still wax and wane; and different-sex couples of all ages and races continue to enjoy their own marriages the same way they did before we allegedly destroyed the institution of marriage by joining in. In fact, after the initial flurry, everything seems pretty much the same in Massachusetts as it always was. Oh how I wish the same for California! Other than that, we are winding down summer at the Wald house, with my older son getting ready to start high school in another 10 days. I still don't believe I'm old enough to have a son in high school.... I hope everyone reading this has had a terrific summer and has time to take at least one more short vacation before it's over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home