Waldlaw Blog

Monday, May 23, 2005

A blog on blogging

Enough folks have asked me why I'm blogging to make it worth responding here. I am blogging for a couple of reasons. First, there is so much going on in my professional world right now, that it's hard to keep up with it all. Gay marriage. Expanding definitions of parenthood. Pending legislation. Cases being argued in the Supreme Court. Traditional methods of publication -- writing editorials and magazine articles, or even posting on my web site -- take time. (Of course I'm doing those things too -- see http://www.waldlaw.net/published_articles.html for my published articles.) It is wonderful to have a way of responding immediately to things that happen that effect my practice, and my clients, without the delays involved in more formal methods of publication. But there's another reason -- blogging is fun!! I am loving having a medium for expressing my thoughts about the topics of the day in a more conversational, less formalistic way than is required by the other media I use. It's great to be able to comment on things without having to write a full-blown, publishable editorial or article. It keeps me fresh, and I hope it keeps my readers entertained. And that brings me to my 3rd reason for blogging: I hope that this site can become a place to host a conversation; that, as more people find the site, there will be reactions to my posts, and reactions to those reactions, and the whole thing can become more interactive. Consider that an invitation....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home