Waldlaw Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers' Day from Waldlaw!

It has been a hectic week, with no time for blogging, but I wanted to take a moment out of the pandemonium to wish you all a HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY from Waldlaw! On Thursday, I will be arguing the first lesbian custody dispute to make it up to the Court of Appeal since the California Supreme Court ruled on the trio of lesbian custody cases last summer. I am arguing on behalf of my client and NCLR (http://www.nclrights.org/cases/riley_v_sica.htm), with the other party represented by Liberty Counsel (http://www.lc.org/caseupdate/caseindex.htm). The case involves a lesbian couple who were registered domestic partners, had a baby together, then the bio mom took the baby and left when the baby was only about 4 months old. Non-bio mom has only seen the baby twice since then. The baby is now three. This will be a great test of the new laws -- both AB 205 and the Supreme Court case law -- and if we win, my client will get the best Mothers' Day gift she could ever ask for -- she'll get to see her daughter again. I'll keep you all posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home